The Risale-i Nur movement is one that takes its
inspiration from the Quran and Sunna, yet in
distinction to many Islamic movements past and present,
it has attracted the attention of scholars and academics
belonging to many different religions and races. It has
been the subject of numerous studies, particularly in
universities, all over the world.
In the forty-five years since the death of the Risale-i
Nurs author, Bediuzzaman Said Nursi, this voluminous
work has been translated into many different languages.
It is the subject of dissertations and papers, and of
conferences and symposiums. Courses specifically to
teach the Risale-i Nur have been introduced in some
universities, and grants are offered to students
In Turkey, over 40 publishing houses have published more
than 400 works related to Nursi and the Risale-i Nur. In
the USA and Europe such well-established publishers as
the State University of New York Press and Ashgate
Publishing have begun to publish series of books about
Our purpose, then, in opening this Web Page is to assist
in co-ordinating all these projects and studies,
whatever the level, and the institutions or persons
carrying them out. The assistance, advice, and good
wishes of you, our esteemed visitors, will be our
greatest support in this venture. The effort is ours,
but success is from Allah.
- To co-ordinate academic and scholarly studies on Nursi
and the Risale-iNur.
- To supply all sorts of information, data, and
documentary resources that will assist and expedite the
work of institutes or persons engaged in related
- To liase between researchers.
- To set up a data bank, and an information and resource
- To preserve objectivity while providing documentation
for all kinds of relevant research.
- To hold virtual discussions from time to time, to work
out solutions for local and global problems from the
perspective of the Risale-I Nur.
- To announce details of studies carried out anywhere in
- To eventually publish an academic journal comprising